Community Development Specialist
Town of Windsor
Windsor, CT United States
The Town of Windsor, CT is seeking a detail oriented and collaborative individual to be responsible for technical and administrative duties in the Town's Community and Economic Development Office. This Community Development Specialist position is a great opportunity for an experienced professional who wants to get the job done and takes pride in their work.
The Town and its employees strive to create an exceptional quality of life that engages citizens, provides commercial and leisure amenities, promotes business and employment opportunities and provides unsurpassed value to taxpayers. The Community Development Specialist position plays a key role in the in helping achieve these goals.
The salary range is $57,495 to $62,680 with starting salary DOQ. Town employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, short and long term disability and a defined contribution retirement plan.
The incumbent will be responsible for a range of community and economic development activities including but not limited to preparing and writing applications for state and Federal grants; coordinating and managing professional service contracts, housing rehabilitation program and small business loan program; performing basic analysis of development opportunities; assisting with business visitations; administering the Fair Housing Plan and serving as liaison to a neighborhood advisory committee.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Knowledge of HUD Community Development Block Grant and other urban development programs and practices; knowledge of state and Federal regulations pertaining to Community Development Block Grant program; knowledge of citizen participation techniques and neighborhood organization.
- Ability to effectively use spreadsheet and other software applications to create reports and manage and present information. Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Skill in researching and acquiring resources to accomplish program objectives.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and present comprehensive and technical reports and data; good ability to prepare grant applications; good ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with community groups, developers, contractors, property owners, business owners, other employees and the general public.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, urban planning, business or a related field, with three years of relevant experience in community and economic development; or
Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver's license or ability to obtain one.
To apply: Complete an on-line application at https://townofwindsorct.com/human-resources/employment-application/ and attach a cover letter by Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. The Town of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of the workforce. EOE/AA.