Annual Classroom ReviewsCCAPA holds in-person or virtual AICP training workshops annually, usually in March. Contact CCAPA's Professional Development Officer Jeremy DeCarli for more information.
2018 Classroom Presentations
- AICP Overview 2018, Robert Flanagan
- Planning History and Theory, Don Poland
- Areas of Practice, Amanda Kennedy
- Law, Chris Smith
- Ethics, Emily Hultquist
- Plan Making and Implementation, Steve Sadlowski
- AICP Study Resources, Kyle Shiel
The Chapter also co-hosts a 1.25 hour AICP Exam Preparation Session with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapters annually at the Southern New England Planning Conference (SNEAPA).
AICP also holds an Annual AICP Exam Preparation session at its National Planning Conference.
An online guide to the exam, resources and illustrative questions are available through the American Planning Association. APA has suggested over 60 selected readings to help prepare candidates for the AICP Examination. You may view the full list on their website.
AICP Reduced Exam Fee Scholarships
The AICP Scholarship Program offers assistance to one individual annually who may defer taking, or is unable to take, the AICP exam because of its high cost. Scholarship recipients pay reduced fees to AICP as follows:
- First time AICP applicants: $135 (combined application and exam fee)
- Previously approved AICP applicants: $65 (exam fee only)
To qualify you must submit a written explanation of financial hardship (including financial hardship caused by a budget cutback in a firm or agency).
- Members of ethnic or racial minorities shall be given preference.
- The applicant selected will be otherwise unlikely to take the exam without the reduced fee.
- The applicant’s employer will not subsidize the exam fee.
Fee reduction scholarships are awarded at the discretion of CCAPA's Professional Development Officer.