2020 CCAPA Planning Awards Call for Nominations
CALL FOR NOMINATIONSEach year the Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association invites nominations for its annual Planning Awards to showcase outstanding projects, people and places.
Project Awards Nomination Process
STEP ONE:By October 5, 2020 send awards committee an email containing the following information:
- Project Name and Location
- Nominee’s Name, Telephone Number and Email address
- A concise explanation of the project: what was accomplished, who was involved, and why you think it is worthy of recognition
STEP TWO:A member of the Awards Committee will contact you and request additional information as necessary to aid the Awards Committee in evaluating the nomination.
STEP THREE:The Awards Committee will meet in mid-October to begin reviewing the nominations, and will select awardees by early November. Awardees will be notified at that time. Awards will be presented during the CCAPA’s holiday event in December.
- Only projects and people located in Connecticut are eligible
- Projects must have commenced after January 1, 2019 and be completed by September 30, 2020
- Consultants can be recognized as an integral part of a team or project but will not be considered as the primary award recipient.
Discretionary Awards Nomination ProcessIn addition to the annual Planning Awards made by the CCAPA Awards Committee, there are two annual Discretionary Awards presented by the CCAPA’s Executive Board. Please email the name of a potential Discretionary Award recipient directly to CCAPA President Rebecca Augur by November 2, 2020: RAugur@mminc.com:
BRUCE HOBEN DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
SPECIAL CHAPTER AWARDIn recognition of an outstanding effort by a Chapter member or the accomplishments of a planning organization or effort.
QUESTIONS?Email any questions you may have to Craig Minor: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your nominations!
2020 CCAPA Awards CommitteeJon Cabral, Manager, CT Housing Finance Authority
Marty Connor, City Planner, Torrington
Michele Lipe, Director of Planning, South Windsor
Dwight Merriam, AICP Fellow
Todd Sealy, Assistant Town Planner, Windsor
Craig Minor, Chair Town Planner, Newington